Items customer should prepare prior to treatment:
- Remove – Persons, plants and animals.
- Remove or place in refrigerator – Candles, wax items, crayons, lipstick and other cosmetics that might melt.
- Remove-Gunsandammunition. Ammunitionmayloseitspotency.
- Remove – Soft “vinyl” and plastic items like mini blinds and vinyl records as they may warp.
- Remove – Aerosol cans and all other combustible items.
- Magnets (like those used to hold notes on refrigerators) – Place on counter or in refrigerator.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables, chocolates, carbonated beverages, wines and other liquors, artificial sweeteners, vitamins and medicines should be placed in the refrigerator.
- Picture frames need to be removed from the wall and placed on the floor below. The hot melt glue may soften, causing the frame to separate and fall off the wall.
- Remove – Antiques – if antiques cannot be removed, contact your POINTE Representative for instructions.
Items that should not be removed from treatment site:
- All clothing (including clothing in closets and drawers), shoes, backpacks, boxes, luggage and bags should not be removed. Clothing should be hung on hangers or put in the clothes dryer on a high heat setting. After going through the drying cycle clothes should be placed in large clean black bags and marked to designate that they have been treated in the customer’s dryer.
- All electronics, radios, televisions (including plasma and LCD), stereo systems, and portable heaters
should not be removed. IT IS IMPORTANT TO NOT TURN ELECTRONICS ON FOR TWO HOURS AFTER TREATMENT IS COMPLETED.
- Disconnect ALL Smoke detectors.
- Musical instruments. Instruments may de-tune due to expansion and contraction.
- Oil Paintings – should be moved to one room inside the structure so they can be treated by the technicians. The technicians will treat the oil paintings prior to moving the paintings outside the heat treatment zone.
Please do not open vinyl windows or turn on the air conditioner or heater for at least two hours after the heat treatment. The structure should be allowed to naturally cool down.
*If unable to complete any of these items, you MUST contact your POINTE Representative prior to treatment.
Click on the document link below to print a copy to refer to at any time.
Heat Treatment Instructions/Prep Document
Pointe Pest Control ALL RIGHTS RESERVED – DO NOT COPY