When Do You Need Missoula Rodent Control?
- Norway rats: Norway rats are the most common type of rat. They have very large teeth that are always growing and so, they constantly need to gnaw on items to file them down. Norway rats have a characteristic bi-colored tail that is quite long, tiny ears, and small eyes.
- Moles: Moles have a very distinct look with small beady eyes that are barely visible, and large front paws that are light in color and contrast sharply with the black body of a mole. They use their paws for digging underground and when they make their home in a yard, they create large holes that are as unsightly as they are dangerous.
- Voles: Voles are often confused for moles, even though their appearance is more similar to a house mouse. Like moles, voles also dig underground and can become a real nuisance as they make a yard unusable for homeowners.
Due to the fact that you may not see the above rodents even if you have an infestation, it is important to know the signs to look for, so you know when to call a Missoula rodent control company.
When to Call a Missoula Rodent Control Company
It is critical that rodent problems are eliminated as quickly as possible. These creatures carry and transmit diseases to humans, and will quickly contaminate your food and other belongings. Rodents, however, are skillful evaders and may not always make their presence known. The most common signs that you need a Missoula rodent control company include:
- Droppings: Droppings, or the feces of rodents, are often the first sign that there is a rodent infestation. The droppings of mice are small and pointed, resembling grains of rice. Droppings of rats, on the other hand, are much larger and rounder, resembling raisins.
- Tracks: Rodents will not typically leave tracks on their own, but you can find them by sprinkling flour or baby powder along your floor. As the rodents move through the substance, they will leave tracks. These substances are most effective when used on the floor against walls, where rodents are most likely to travel.
- Sounds: Sometimes, homeowners will hear rodents before they ever see them. The presence of roof rats is often indicated by scratching sounds from above, while scratching or scurrying sounds inside of walls or floorboards generally indicate a mouse problem.
- Chewed items: Rats must constantly chew to file down their teeth that never stop growing. Mice, on the other hand, will chew to collect materials for their nest or to get inside food packages. Any time you see chewed items around the home, it is likely that you have a rodent problem.
Unfortunately, the above are just a few indicators that it is time to call a Missoula rodent control company. These experts will inspect the entire property to determine how rodents are gaining access, and eliminate the problem once and for all.