If your home has an infestation of mice, you are not alone. It has been estimated that rodents, such as mice, invade 21 million homes in the fall each year just as winter is arriving. Have you ever wondered why mice are such effective invaders? Here at Pointe Pest Control, we are constantly going to homes that have an infestation of mice. Mouse control is one of our specialties. There are a lot of things that make mice effective invaders here are some crazy facts about those little furry fiends.
Crazy Mouse Facts
- It Can Fit: Looking at those furry little bodies, it is hard to imagine that they are in fact able to fit through a hole that is the size of a nickel. Often on homes, we find nickel-sized gaps under doors and around gas pipes and electrical conduits. If these are not sealed up, they are an invitation for a mouse to get into your home.
- Amazing Acrobatics: Mice can jump more than a foot into the air. They can also easily survive falling from a height of 12 feet without injury. They can climb, jump and even swim.
- Rapid Reproduction: Mice are able to produce baby mice when they are 2 months old. Under ideal conditions, a female mouse can give birth to 12 babies every three weeks. That means a single mouse can produce nearly 200 babies in a single year. One pregnant mouse can become a whole lot of mice, really quick.
- Eating Machines: A mouse will try almost any type of food it comes across, and it will eat anywhere from 15 to 20 times in a single day. Because of their obsession with food, they like to build their nests close to where food can be located.
- Vectors for Disease: You have probably heard of some of the diseases spread by mice such as Hantavirus and Leptospirosis, but a single mouse can carry around 200 different types of viruses, bacteria, pathogens, and parasites that can be harmful to humans. An infestation of mice can be harmful to your health.
- Incessant Chewing: The front teeth of a mouse grow nonstop. In order to keep those teeth at a manageable length, they wear them down by chewing. This is one of the reasons that mice are so destructive.
- Nasty: Mice cannot control their bowels, when they need to go, they just go. They will leave trails of urine and droppings wherever they go, even in the food they eat. You should never eat food that has had mice in it, because it is definitely contaminated. A mouse can produce anywhere from 40 to 100 droppings in a single day.
Pointe Pest Control
After reviewing some of the things that make mice successful at entering your home, or getting you sick, it is little wonder why people are afraid of mice. If you have a mouse infestation you want it to be eliminated. With Pointe Pest Control you are getting the best in effective rodent elimination. We understand how mice live. Our technicians understand rodent lifecycles, we know where they like to hide, and we can identify how they are getting into your home. At Pointe Pest Control, we take care of the mice that have invaded your home and we also find how they are getting in, so we can keep them from getting back into your home. Our technicians are thorough. They check crawl spaces, attics, basements and the entire exterior of your home. We offer real solutions for rodent control because we want you to have a rodent-free home. If you have mice, you need our residential rodent control treatment plans. When it comes to rodents, rats and mice, we mean business. The first step in mouse elimination starts with a call to Pointe Pest Control.