While walking around your home, you might notice that your walls need a new coat of paint, or your kitchen cupboards need to be updated, but have you ever thought about what is above your head? Before you run outside to look at your shingles, stop because we are talking about your attic. Even though having a clean and insulated attic is often overlooked, doesn’t mean it isn’t an important part of your home. Here are the top five reasons you need to have your attic cleaned and insulated by your friends at Pointe Pest Control.
1. Pests: Rats, mice, bats, birds and raccoons can make a mess of your attic. Having pests is the number one reason behind needing your attic cleaned. Pests ruin your insulation, chew on power cables, and spread diseases. If you have a pest infestation in your attic, we will eliminate the pests, clean it out, and replace your insulation.
2. Save money: The insulation in your attic creates a buffer between the inside of your home and the outdoors. Without insulation, all of your heat or air conditioning will escape through your roof. Having the right amount of insulation will keep your home warm in the winter and cool in the summer.
3. Moisture reduction: Have you ever noticed the condensation that occurs on the outside of a cup of ice water? The same thing can happen in your attic without insulation. As moisture build up in your attic, mold begins to grow. When you breathe in mold spores it can cause all sorts of lung irritations. If you have any people in your home that suffer from asthma, mold spores can make breathing difficult.
4. Keeping Pests Out: If there are holes or gaps in your attic, pests will attempt to squeeze inside. When you call Pointe Pest Control, we find the pest entrances and seal them up with hard insulation. Our pest exclusion techniques will keep your new insulation nice and your home at the right temperature.
5. Dust and Dirt: Even without rodents, your attic will still get a buildup of dust and dirt over time. Dust can contain pollen grains, pet dander, mold spores, allergens, and dust mites. As the amount of dust and dirt builds, the indoor air quality of your home will be reduced. When you call in Pointe Pest Control to clean your attic, we take care of the dust and replace any insulation that is not functioning properly.
Pointe Pest Control
If you are hearing noise in your attic at night, you have an infestation. If you are worried about infestations, inadequate insulation, or dirt and dust, it is time to call in the professionals with Pointe Pest Control. Our technicians will give your attic a thorough cleaning. We’ll remove the dust, debris, moisture and any pests. Give us a call and put our years of experience to work for you.